Enjoy the sweetness of spring with this bright, floral, flavorful syrup!
💜 2 cups loosely packed edible violets
💧 3/4 cup boiling water
🍦 1 cup white granulated sugar or coconut sugar
1. Fill a jar with your fresh-picked violet flowers.
2. Pour boiling water over violets and cover the jar.
3. Steep overnight for best results.
4. Strain violet infusion into a small saucepan.
5. Add the sugar and allow the mixture to come to a low boil then reduce heat to a rolling simmer.
6. Simmer to a runny syrup consistency, stirring occasionally, for about 10 minutes. It should start to lightly coat the back of a wooden spoon or sides of the pan when swirled. The syrup will continue to thicken as it cools.
6. Meanwhile, sterilize a small heat-proof glass bottle or jar and lid by filling it with boiling water.
7. Pour hot syrup straight into the sterilized bottle and seal.
8. Store syrup in a cool dark cabinet or refrigerate.
9. Add to seltzer, fresh lemonade (it will turn pink!), or drizzle over goat cheese. Enjoy!
Leave a comment