This is my favorite dandelion springtime recipe. We enjoy it almost daily as a side dish until the sunny bloom time comes to an end.
🌼 3 cups dandelion flowers
🥚 1 egg
🥛 1 cup milk, nut milk or coconut milk
🤏 pinch of sea salt
☁️ 1 cup flour or gluten-free flour
🧈 butter or coconut oil
🍁 maple syrup to taste
🌷 violet flowers (if available)
1. Gather dandelion tops during the day, when the sunshine has opened up the bright and cheerful flowers.
2. Spread out on a clean surface outside for 30 minute to allow even the smallest pollinators to leave.
3. To make the batter, combine egg, milk, salt and flour in a bowl and mix until all lumps are dissolved.
4. Add flowers to batter and gently fold under
5. Prepare a skillet on the stove with butter or coconut oil over medium heat.
6. Fry like small pancakes.
7. Drizzle with maple syrup to taste and sprinkle with violet flowers.
Leave a comment